Effective family engagement is an intentional and systematic partnership of educators, families, and community members who share the responsibility for a student’s preparation for school, work, and life. Successful family engagement is much more than a check the box exercise – it is a centralized series of strategies that benefits individual students and whole schools.
This toolkit will provide charter school leaders and charter school operators with an understanding of:
- How family engagement strategies can influence the core work of charter schools
- How to build out a comprehensive schoolwide plan for family engagement
- Strategies to support authentic, inclusive family engagement
- What family engagement can look like at each point in the charter school life cycle, from design and
- opening through replication and expansion or closure