The Death Spiral: Identifying Early Indicators of Distress in Charter Schools (A Conversation with Authorizers)
Charter school authorizers from across the country joined together to explore the findings of NCSRC’s Identifying Indicators of Distress in Charter Schools report. They heard from their peers how to use the data they already collect to identify struggling schools prior to failure, how to incorporate the indicators of distress into existing monitoring practices, and the ways an early warning system could help identify schools in distress.
- Aimee Evan, National Charter School Resource Center
- Laura Groth, Ed.D., National Charter School Resource Center
- Hannah Sullivan, National Charter School Resource Center
- Tess Stovall, Tennessee State Board of Education
- Jamie Garwood, Ph.D., Ball State University
- John Carwell, Delaware Department of Education