Indicators of Distress and What They Mean in the Charter Sector: A Webinar for Charter Sector Stakeholders Introducing New Research Related to the Early Indicators of Distress
Charter school stakeholders from across the country joined together to explore findings from NCSRC’s new report, Identifying Indicators of Distress in Charter Schools Part 1: The Role and Perspective of Charter School Authorizers. Attendees heard from two authorizers about how they use the data they already collect to identify struggling schools prior to failure, how to incorporate the indicators of distress into existing monitoring practices, and the ways an early warning system could help identify schools in distress.
- Tess Stovall, Tennessee State Board of Education
- Jamie Garwood, Ph.D., Ball State University
- Aimee Evan, National Charter School Resource Center
- Laura Groth, Ed.D., National Charter School Resource Center
- Hannah Sullivan, National Charter School Resource Center