Measuring School Quality Using the A-GAME Philosophy
This session was presented during the 2021 CSP Project Directors’ Meeting in February 2021.
Attendees joined representatives of the National Charter Schools Institute as they shared lessons learned from their National Dissemination grant focused on accountability measures for alternative charter schools. During the session, participants received an introduction to the A-GAME and its expansion due to COVID-19 and the suspension of state assessments. The session explored a model goal-creation process that grantees can use to create school quality measures specific to their mission and vision. It concluded with a panel discussion on this work in action across the country.
- Jody L. Ernst, Ph.D., Momentum Strategy & Research
- James N. Goenner, Ph.D., National Charter Schools Institute
- Jim Griffin, Momentum Strategy & Research
- Nelson Smith, A-GAME Senior Advisor
- David M. Frank, New York State Education Department
- Santos Campos, Leadership Military Academy
- Sara Asmussen, Ph.D., New Dawn Charter Schools
- Sean Stalling, DeLaSalle Education Center